Thursday, September 29, 2005

YOU MIGHT BE A MINNESOTAN IF ...

You might be a Minnesotan if ...

  • If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through l8 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by . NO WAY but I know people who do!
  • If you're proud that your state makes the national news 96 nights each year, because International Falls is the coldest spot in the nation. I know this is true but am not proud of it at all!
  • If you have ever refused to buy something because it's "too Spendy". Hate this word -- have yet to use it.
  • If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March. Yes! Can you believe it? All THREE of the shut down.
  • If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time. John has -- no joke!
  • If your town has an equal number of bars and churches. It does ashamed to say
  • If you know how to say Wayzata, Mahtomedi, Edina, Shakopee, Winton and Ely. Oh my, I only missed one of these!
  • If you think that ketchup is a little too spicy. Well, not with my husband the spicy man doing the cooking
  • If "Vacation" means going up north past Virginia for the weekend. Oh wow this is so true!
  • If you know several people who have hit deer more than once. Does me hitting 2 at the same time count?
  • If you often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again Oh boy -- all the time in the car.
  • If you can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching . No, this still really stressed me out, but you should see how fast people will go by past me (although they are often in the ditch a few minutes later :)
  • If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. Well I don't have kids, but I can see how this would be important.
  • If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. This is a good point!
  • If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction. Holy crap! Did I write that? How did they READ my mind!
  • If you can identify a southern or eastern accent. I am improving in this area daily.
  • If you consider Minneapolis exotic. Well, I don't but people around here do!
  • If down south to you means Iowa. Oh my! It does mean Iowa. I need to get out of here!
  • If a brat is something you eat. It is I am sorry to say.
  • If you find 0 degrees a little chilly. Believe it or not, I do feel this way. Last night it was 32 and I thought it felt great.
  • If you actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Minnesota friends. I think that's what I am doing right now.

No comments: