Thursday, September 15, 2005

Is he my husband or a doctor?

Well, this has been a very busy week. I have been trying to do some extra hours at RLS -- I have a ton of work to do AND I am a little behind on hours from doctors appointments. Yesterday, I had to go to the dermatologist and get a little cyst removed from my eyelid.

This cyst created a funny exchange between Jb and I. Jason and Kathleen were here to witness the beginnings of this exchange. Jb was convinced that he could remove this cyst himself! He looked at it and said he was pretty sure of what it was and that he could take it off. So, we tried this. We went in the kitchen, I laid back on the counter, and he got out some good light and started poking and prodding. That's about the time that I FREAKED!!!! He said that I didn't trust him, and I denied this, but then I thought some more, and I realized, that he was absolutely right. It's my eye! He's just my hubby John who pierced my ear when I was 16! How can regular old John be a doctor! ?

So, yesterday, I went to the doctor, and he told me it was, well, exactly what Jb told me it was, and he told me he wanted to, well, do exactly what Jb wanted to do. So I let him. It hurt a little but nothing bad.

So I emailed Jb who was inbetween two cesarian deliveries. He immediately said "I KNEW IT! I knew I could have done it!" Then he asked me if I will ever trust him, even after he gets his M.D. I am honestly not sure. he's my husband. He's not a doctor!!! I mean, he will be a doctor, but isn't he still my husband? Oh alas -- I don't know this if this is going to work out at all. At what point will I shift from seeing him as John to seeing him as someone who can remove this little cyst?

Anyways, Jb has been busy all week delivering babies. I am including a picture of how I find him after his rotations. Here he is, in his chair, recooping from his busy day of babies. This week he is doing close to 90 hours so he is a little "pooped".

Going for a bike ride now and then going to have a low-key evening at home tonite and office-cleaning day tomorrow before he returns for a 24 hour rotation on Sunday.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i think y did it in the right way!

hmm, now guess who Am I ?!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

It will be more fun if the people who post comments leave their names. I don't like to play guessing games :)

Anonymous said...

Well it's got to be Bara anyways as he said "y" for you which he always does.

Anonymous said...

hey i like your post better than mine, how do you put captions in your pictures! you spend a lot of time on your blog and it shows...you are the best blogger i know