Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Next to 9-11, nothing in our country that I can be remember has been more traumatic than hurricane Katrina's devastation in New Orleans this past week. It has been breathtaking to say the least. There really isn't much I can say about it that all of you reading this haven't heard.

This catastrophe has made me realize that in America, we often rely on ... well, America. I think that I am not alone in the fact that I always thought we couldn't have a "tsunami" type occurrence in the United States. This is America! Land of the free; home of the brave! But here, in New Orleans, we realize again, we still need the Lord. We cannot do it without the Lord. We can't rely on our government or the Red Cross or people or weatherman. We can only rely on God. He is the stabilizing force.

If anything, this reminded me that "people need the Lord". Sometimes, in America, we are so blessed, we forget that.

Praying for The Big Easy tonite.

No comments: