Monday, January 16, 2017

We Bought a Farm: Yoder's

One of my favorite things about living where we live, is living close to our Amish Market: Yoder's. We get all of our bread and jam there, and will often get a deli sandwich or a snack. We currently have a Dutch WWOOFER here who is a big bread eater, so I ran out to get some more bread and took Hannah with me. 

I have decided that I am not going to fight with Hannah on her clothes. As long as she is dressed for the weather and is modest enough, I am good with it. She changes clothes many, many times a day. I have decided that this is good for her. She is better than her siblings at putting clothes right-side in or buttoning or zipping her clothes. It is a bit frustrating when I go up to her room at the end of the day and discover piles and piles of clothing, but I try to remind myself that this is her "hobby" and fun thing. 

For example, here is a photo the babysitter sent me. She told me this was outfit change number five:


Every day is an adventure to figure out what she is going to wear. Here was her attire for Yoder's when she and I went today:


Enjoy this little video of my Hannah girl. It very accurately captures her personality. Many people commented on her clothes while we were out, and I just say: "She's her own woman." That she is.

No comments: