Saturday, May 28, 2016

We Bought a Farm: A Year in Review

My husband put a great post together over at his website depicting our year on the farm in review. What we did right. What we did wrong. What we learned. What we hope to do in the future. Scrubs makes a cameo as well!

This post comes at a good time for me. If anyone ever looks at our life on the farm and thinks that I've got it altogether. Think again. Each day brings peace, tranquility, and new challenges that can make me want to pull my hair and cry and yell -- or do all three which I did yesterday.

What set it all off? Well, realizing that Arabelle had figured a way out of our "fool proof" puppy yard. Check out how she did it here:



This may not seem like a big deal, but it felt huge to me. Suddenly the "safe place" that I put the dogs whenever we cannot be with them, has to be scrapped, and I have to go back to the drawing board.

We have come up with an option on our porch that should work, and my father-in-law, has come to my rescue with a gate idea.

But when you have 120 acres of land to care for and currently 9 people and a bajillion animals and rain to worry about and predators to prepare for ... oh and yeah, I'm homeschooling our four children and trying to continue with my writer ... some days feel too big and too hard.

Thank goodness his mercies are new every morning.

No comments: