Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bum foot

My foot is not broken and there is no visible stress fracture praise the Lord. This means that it is probably some sort of ligament or tendon injury. John told me I need to stay off of my foot. Ummm? How would that be possible. When he realized it was not possible, we compromised. I need to wear tennis shoes at all times, as often as possible, even in the house. I also need to take ibuprofen three times a day to help with inflammation.

My dear friend Joy, you are right. I tell everyone else that "an injury is the body's way of saying you need to take a break." Unfortunately, with the pool on Base closed, I can't do any exercising at all as the bike and run hurt my foot. (And quite honestly, I am not sure that swimming wasn't bothering it too.)

If I am honest with myself, despite the fact that I am so frustrated all the work I did has been slipping away, and I am not nearly in the shape I was, it may be the Lord's way of removing one thing from my plate right now. Life is so busy. Not sure how I would fit a race and exercise in.

Today Isaac has an appointment at a pediatric dentist. JB is taking him. I have MOPs. He's bringing Isaac to Joia's after the appointment. I'll take Elijah with me and pick up Isaac after MOPs at Joia's.

No time to worry about a bum foot now is there?

2 comments:

Joy Z said...

Good thoughts about the Lord possibly taking is away temporarily so that you can be focused on other things right now. Remember how fast you were able to get into shape? You'll do it again!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Just finding this. How is your foot? If you need/want a BOOT let me know and You can borrow mine. I love those things!