Thursday, May 20, 2010

Isaac's verbosity

We have recently instituted a new rule in our house. No cars in bed. This is due to the fact that the cars will sometimes leave Isaac playing so long that he never gets around to taking a nap.

When I told Isaac this afternoon that it was time to go "night-night", he grabbed a car and quickly said, "Car go night-night too." When I reminded him, again, that the cars aren't going night-night anymore, he dropped it and instead picked up a motorcycle. "Otay," he said. "Motocycle go night-night too." When I explained that a motorcycle was the same thing as a car, he tried a "racing car" on me before giving up, grabbing his bear and bubby (a Dalmatian dog that he loves) and lying down.

Isaac talks like crazy. Apparently Dr. G. said he is talking more like a 3-year-old than his 2-year-old self.

Isaac is saying so many things that it is hard to know what to share. But here are some of our favorite Isaac sayings:
  • "I be careful. I [could] hurt myself."
  • "Bubby too?" (Asking if his little Bubby can go to the park, outside, in the car, etc.
  • "Elijah did it." (For anything he wants to blame his brother for.)
  • "Leave shirt on." or "Get another shirt" when I take his shirt off. He doesn't want to be bare chested at all.
  • "This seat belt is too tight." (Every time he gets into the car. It's become a joke now.)
  • "Eat my belly Daddy. Noooo, eat my neck!"
  • "I waked up."
  • "Where'd Elijah go?"

No comments: