Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cheese Potato Soup

Ingredients:
  • 8 cups chopped baking potatoes
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 medium brick of Velveeta
  • 16 ounces sour cream
  • bacon bits
  • shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: Peel potatoes then chop them up into bite size pieces. Put in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. DO NOT DRAIN WATER! Add both cans of soup and Velveeta (I cut up the Velveeta into chunks so that it will melt faster). Stir frequently until Velveeta is melted. Add sour cream and stir until blended. Serve up your soup and enjoy. As you are putting the soup into the bowls you can put the bacon bits and shredded cheese on top.

Overall rating:

  • Simplicity: 4
  • Taste: 4
  • Nutrition: 3

Total rating: 3.75 stars

Wendi's report: This was magnificently delicious. I mean, so, so, so good. It only got 4 stars for taste because our boys had no interest in it. It's really too mature for their age. But holy cow. Loved this. We used real bacon instead of bacon bits with took away from the simplicity slightly. And I must be honest, JB cooked this one instead of me. I know this is breaking the rules, but he got a new pot and wanted to try it out, and I was busy with the boys, and it just worked out that way. But he told me that even I would find it remarkably easy. Try this folks! Scrumptious!

4 comments:

Judy Woodford said...

I will sure try it, I made the beef burgundy and we loved it!!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds really nummy. I'm not a potato-in-soup fan, but I think I'll try this one. I'll probably roast the potatoes in the oven with some garlic salt instead of boiling them.

Bethany

Erin said...

Yum! I love me some potato soup! I made this last night and it was a hit! I browned some ground sausage and added it instead of bacon, and it was delish - definitely easy and a keeper. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Obviously FAT & CALORIES are note playing a role in your decision making. i.e. Medium size Velveeta, Cream Cheese, 2 cans cream of chicken soup, and to top it off, Bacon! Yikes!!!!
:D
Linda