Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home from N.O.

We are home from New Orleans. We arrived yesterday around 10:30am and immediately caught up with JB and headed to the Aquarium for a fun afternoon. Then it was back to the room for naps before we ordered some dinner from the restaurant downstairs and ate in our room while watching the Olympics. (Gosh I miss them! The only part of cancelling our cable that is tearing me up.)

This morning we brought Joni to the airport :( and then headed home. We were here by lunchtime -- in time for everyone to take naps including JB and me. Isaac immediately went into the house looking for Scrubs. I don't think he understood that he was still at dog camp. I'm going to pick him up tomorrow morning.

I have a bunch of pictures from our day and a half in New Orleans but they went back to Fort Lauderdale with Joni so as soon as loads them up, I'll post some.

Isaac is talking like crazy right now. And he's starting to say some funny things, albeit not on purpose. Here's a few from today:

***
Isaac while sitting in his clubhouse (aka the linen closet) with JB, hands Daddy his Scrubby stuffed animal. "Bubby," he says.

John nods and asks him: "Where's our Scrubby?"

Isaac looks at him and says: "Utah." (obviously from being asked a hundred times this past week "Where's Daddy?")

***
Mommy hands Isaac his milk. He pushes it away and says: "Warm" making it obvious he wants it warmed.

Mommy takes it from him and says: "Warm please?" wanting him to say please.

Instead of saying "Pease," Isaac simply says "Otay." (okay).

2 comments:

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AW said...

LOL! I love little conversations with toddlers. I try to record mine as well. Not so much for the few readers I have, but for me. I try to write it down as quick as it happens. Otherwise I forget, even just a few hours later. I know my kid has said something hysterical this week, but my memory on the details is usually lacking. :-)