Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our Saturday in pictures (thanks to Joni)

Thanks to Joni, I can illustrate our day for you in pictures.

But first, a small note. I am sorry that these posts have a lot more of Elijah than Isaac. Isaac has recently decided that picture taking is for the birds. He will turn his back on you the moment you take the camera out. Joan is trying hard but, I'll be honest, she's sort of failing miserably in her attempts to get Isaac to look at the camera for even a second.

Anyways. Today. 7am Joan did a Publix run with Isaac in tow. How nice for me to spend the morning with just one of the boys. I gave Elijah a bath and snuggled with him in the rocker before putting him down for his nap. I am not sure I have ever, since Elijah has been born, just spent time with him one-on-one in the morning. It was really fun. In addition, Isaac, who loves to be away from the house, had a fantastic time with Joni.

After naps, we got dressed for Keenan's Africa-themed party. Here's a snap of Elijah before we left the house:

And here are some photos from the birthday party. (For more pictures, you can visit Joia's post by clicking here.) Joia did a FANTASTIC job. She had cooked an African dish (which was WONDERFUL!) and I brought some plantains. The whole living room area was decorated for the festivities!


This is a dress from Nigeria. This one was actually Kelsey's. She gave it to me when she entered the convent.



Tiff and Matt (with four month old Reagan)

Elijah (unwillingly) wearing one of the masks Joia made. Our little lion!

Or maybe he wants to be an elephant.

Our little Safari guide with his birthday cake! Keenan actually isn't turning three for a few more weeks but due to their upcoming family trip to Kenya, the party was held a little early. And thus the reason for the Kenya themed party!

Me with Joni. She is wearing one of JB's shirts from Africa, basically as a dress.

We headed home and took a little time to play in the driveway before heading inside for naps. I have learned that when the boys are dressed, play outside. Then I don't have to get them re-dressed later. In addition, Scrubs, who yet again, was fantastic while we were gone, can get some much-needed exercise at the same time.

As you can see, Isaac thinks this is a horrid idea.


Elijah has really gotten the hang of the bike that Joan and Bri gave them for Christmas. Although his right thumb gets tired of pushing the button so he will reach across with his left hand to accomplish the task.

When Scrubs Frisbee got stuck in the tree, I got this stick to get it down. The Frisbee stuck to the stick. Scrubs actually thought this was a game and spent the next five minutes jumping to retrieve the Frisbee off the stick. Maybe I have found yet another way to exercise this guy! Side note: JB has said that in case of a food-shortage, the first thing we will eat, are Scrubs' back legs. Okay, he's joking. But those things are so muscular. Seriously! The dog has springs.

Elijah loved to push Isaac. Isaac did not think this was a great idea.

After naps, including, thanks to Joni, one for me too :), Andrea and her kiddos headed over for dinner. Her husband Erik is in Utah with JB. Her mother-in-law is coming in tomorrow evening but she was solo tonight. A perfect opportunity for us to get together. Joan made a fantastic chicken-divan (with the help of Paula Dean), add to it some applesauce, bread, and the girl scout cookies that were delivered today, and we were all set. Andrea and I have decided that thin mint cookies were put on this Earth because God loves her and me so much. Joan, I found out today, does not like thin mints. I know, I know. I am not sure what is wrong with her.

My boys decided to help Chloe and Scrubs eat some fruity cheerios. Isaac is feeding Chloe and Elijah Scrubs. (Elijah and Scrubs have recently developed a food-sharing partnership. I'm working on ending the arrangement but without much success currently.)

I love this picture of both of them trying to feed her at the same time. Can you blame them? She's one hot babe. I especially love how Elijah's mouth is open to help her understand what he wants her to do.

Joni, somehow, managed to get Isaac looking at the camera. But he refused to smile.

The only way to get Isaac smiling, is to get him when he has no idea. Here he is catching bubbles. He loves to come up to me and say "Bubbles?" He'll repeat it until I agree to blow them in the living room. He will then ask that I blow a "big one." He doesn't understand that Mommy is really not a very good bubble blower. I'm getting better though.

Wow! I'm tired just from writing about our whole day. Night folks!

6 comments:

Joia said...

I didn't make the animal masks, I bought them, but thanks for thinking that I Could have - what a compliment! =0)

Joy Z said...

Doesn't like Thin Mints???? Gasp! What's next? No mint chocolate chip ice cream either!?!? ;-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh Joia. I so thought you'd made them. Good purchase then anyways!

Joy, I know. It's a travesty isn't it?

Joy Z said...

Of Great Proportions! :o)

The Mac's House said...

Thank goodness mine is no longer a girl scout as those thin mints are so addicting. You can't have just one.....
Loved those masks at Keenan's party too. I found some online a while ago but they were pretty pricey.

TAV said...

Your Nigeria clothes look awesome! Wish mine still fit \:)