Monday, October 26, 2009

You've Been Booed

Yesterday I came home from my run to discover that we'd been "Boo'ed". This is fun Halloween Base game where someone puts a bag of goodies on your door and you in turn "Boo" two more people so that nearly everyone in the neighborhood gets a fun surprise.

Anyways, my boys loved the "Boo." Well, what they loved actually, Isaac specifically, was the bucket the "Boo" came in. Isaac became obsessed with putting the "Boo Bucket" on everyone.

First he put it on himself.


Then he decided to put it on me.

Next it was little brother's turn.

He even backed up to admire his handiwork.


Elijah had no clue what to do and sat with the bucket on his head, not making a sound, until Mommy came to the rescue.

Of course what bucket adventure would be complete without including our poor dog. Yes, Isaac put the bucket on Scrubs folks.

I am pretty sure Scrubs is thinking: "Holy cow. This is so embarrassing."

Can't you just read Scrubs' mind here? Scrubs: "I mean, seriously folks. What else do I have to put up with?"

Once I removed the bucket from Scrubs' head, he decided that it was alive and needed intense investigation.

Here he is watching the bucket very, very closely.


While we are not traditionally Halloween celebrators, we do enjoy the fun family times this time of year brings. Unfortunately, we will be on the road for the weekend of Halloween so we've decided to opt. out of costumes and everything altogether this year. We'll think about it more next year when the boys will be closer to understanding what is going on and not get totally freaked by the crazy things Mom puts on them.

2 comments:

yuan family said...

We did this all of the time in my neighborhood where I grew up so I started it this year in our Rochester neighborhood now that we have a house...it is fun! I like the idea of giving the boo in a bucket though!

Anonymous said...

Again-a book you must write: your boys and your dog. Those pics are awesome.
Laura from HP