Monday, October 05, 2009

All right already!

All right already! Get off my back would ya'? I know I haven't taken out my camera yet, but I plan to soon, okay?

(Don't pretend that isn't what you were thinking: Why hasn't she posted any pictures yet?)

The reason is, yesterday, I was in complete zone-out mode. I was simply trying to recoop from my drive and not fall asleep standing up. I am still not feeling incredibly rested today, but it is getting better. I didn't get to bed until midnight our first night here which is like a gazillion hours past my bedtime. Elijah has no concept in his little brain of sleeping in, and Isaac has something in his brain that decides it is time to get up the moment Elijah goes down for his nap. So rest, isn't easy to come by right now.

But I am getting caught up.

Yesterday, by the way, was a good day. Spent some time in the morning with my Mom before she went to work. Then Joan stopped by. She brought me a scrapbook she made for Elijah. It's already ready to go. I just have to insert the pictures. Sooooo cool! I love it! Mom K. and Nathan came and spent a few hours too. Mom watched the kids while I went to the store to get some groceries which was a real blessing.

In the afternoon, I went to Debbie's shop to get my hair done and realized this was the first time I have done anything to my hair since Elijah was a few weeks old. Yikes. It was a mess, and Debbie returned me to a semi-normal state. She works miracles. My Mom came too. We brought the boys so Debbie and Maria could see them. I don't think we had a choice. Debbie had told my Mom, "Not to dare show up without those little guys."

A few totally random, unrelated, and pointless notes:
  • It is incredibly hot here. I mean, it's October, and I'm sweating. It's really, really hot. Not that I am making an excuse for people here who dress so scantily clad, but I wore capri work-out pants to the store and was thinking: These are too hot. I need to wear shorts next time I go out. I'm sweating like crazy. And this from a gal who likes to be hot.
  • When you shake a bottle to mix up formula, don't forget to put the top to the bottle back on before you do it. I literally said, "You Moron!" out loud to myself when I went to shake Elijah's bottle with NO top on AT ALL. (You think I am a little tired?) Needless to say I coated an entire wall of my parents' kitchen. While I cleaned it up, my Mom laughed very hard. And kept laughing. Yeah. Real funny Mom.
  • Isaac LOVES my Dad. He climbs all over him, brings him books, drives cars on him, everything. It's so fun to watch them together.
  • Elijah has no concept of stranger anxiety whatsoever. Everyone he has met gets a huge grin, a full body smile, and he melts into their arms for kisses and tickles galore. Isaac definitely had stranger anxiety by the time he was eight months old, but again, these boys couldn't be more different. They are completely night and day. And I love it.
  • I would have been happy to have been wrong about this one. I did a google search and found out that the accident we had been stopped for last night was a fatality. Please pray for the family of this man. So sad.

All right so that's all I have to report so far. I'll try not to post again without including some snaps for your enjoyment. Stay tuned. Today, the boys will get to see Joan and Bri and Aunt Elizabeth and maybe Mom K. again. So much fun!

No comments: