Monday, October 26, 2009

Book Update

Okay folks. I've got my books for my trip. Other than perusing through Joanie's collection when I got to Fort Lauderdale, my three books are picked.

To be truthful, I didn't get to exactly pick them. We were hoping to stop by the library on our busy Saturday, but it was one of the activities that had to be dropped from the list when the day started getting away from us. Instead, I stayed home with the boys while they napped. JB went to run a few errands that he needed to get done. He stopped at the library. I sent him in with the list you guys gave me from the blog and asked him to pick some books or authors that looked like what I would enjoy.

Here is my final list courtesy of you all and my hubby:
  • One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury
  • A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks
  • Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

Any comments on these? Many of the recommended books weren't there so JB picked mostly based on author recommendations. If anyone has read one of these and it is bad or depressing, please let me know, as I really want to get to spend my vacation reading good books.

I'll give a book report when I get back.

7 comments:

Kendra said...

I love anything by Karen Kingsbury... I am reading Shades of Blue by her currently and at one time I owned all of the books she had written. She is by far my favorite author. ENJOY! :)

Kelli said...

A Bend in the Road was the first Nicholas Sparks book I ever read...and I've read every other one since then. They're sappy and I'm hooked.

I'm really going to have to pick up a Karen Kingsbury book with all the rave reviews she is receiving from your commenters!

Joy Z said...

I am so jealous of you getting to read! Someday...again...

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!

Anonymous said...

I've read the Karen Kingsbury book - enjoyed it very much. Of course, I love her books, anyway! Happy vacation & happy reading!

Anonymous said...

My book club read A Bend in the Road a few weeks ago and it was really GOOD! And Jodi is my favorite author so I'm sure thats a good one too! Happy Reading!

Jennifer said...

One Tuesday Morning is the first in a series about 9-11. It is good, but make sure you have some tissues with you. It is not depressing, but sweet. Both of the others are really good too that JB picked up for you!

TAV said...

i ´didn´t read your whole post- got a lot of wendi- blogging to catch up on, but just on this peru trip, reread "plain truth" at a hostel. great book! i LOVE jodi picoult, my favorite author, i think. i think bend in the road was just so-so, as far as sparks books go.