Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Houston, we have a problem

I had a brilliant idea this morning.

I often go to the bathroom with two little boys and a dog to keep me company. (That isn't the brilliant idea. Stay with me here.) But I needed to brush my teeth and my hair. And my brush and toothbrush were in the master bathroom.

So, as I moved out of the hall bathroom, I corralled Isaac out the door, picked up Elijah, and shut Scrubs' in the bathroom. Then I put Elijah down and ran into my room super fast, shutting the door behind me so that I could brush my teeth and hair without Elijah eating anything he found on my bedroom floor and Isaac bringing me every pair of socks out of the sock drawer. Locking Scrubs in the other bathroom also prevented all three of them from standing outside my bedroom and possibly knocking each other over.

That's where the problem came in.

While brushing my teeth, I turned around and saw it. Isaac. Little brother was trailing behind him.

How did he get in my room? The door was shut.

I ushered both boys back out and made sure the door was closed all the way this time. Surely he did not just open a door.

A few seconds later, here they came again. Oh my gosh, Isaac has learned to open doors.

I thought I had more time!

I didn't think it would come this soon!

I emerged from my bedroom to see Scrubby standing outside the bathroom door. Isaac had freed him from his captivity in the hall bathroom.

New item on today's calendar. Go to the BX or Target and buy some of those door handle thingamabobs.

Just when I get in a groove, the groove gets busted!

3 comments:

yuan family said...

Too funny..Isaac is way too smart!

mom h said...

Oh Wendi!!!!!

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Thinking about you- boys keep you on your toes for sure! Just when you get one thing figured out and mastered...