Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The bomb!

One great thing about living in Florida but not living in Southern Florida? Fall. Okay, so to be fair, northern Florida's fall isn't all that great beauty-wise. (That award still goes to Kentucky! Fall was incredibly beautiful there!) Here, only a few trees change colors, and I'm not sure that any of them lose their leaves. But it still is nice that it gets cool enough to bring out the warmer clothes. Sweatshirts and long pants. Way fun. Now in Minnesota, these clothes would already be covered up by huge coats and scarves and full-body-snow-suits. :) But here in northern Florida, it's a great time of year.

Today when I went on a run, it was in the 60's so I put some socks and sweatshirts on the boys. I love these little shoe-socks. Technically, they really can't wear them anymore once they wear shoes because those ties would get in the way, but since I wasn't putting shoes on them, it was perfect today!

These socks are the bomb! Not only are they really cute, but they stay on sooooooooo well. They were actually a hand-me-down from my friend Shannon. She told me I would love them and she is soooo right. Anyone ever seen these in the store? I would love to buy them as gifts, but I've never seen them anywhere but the closet of my boys.

7 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

I bought them at a yard sale and loved them too for $1. However, I think little boutique stores carry them maybe or I know you can get them on line. inchworm

The Mac's House said...

Are those the ones that are called Trumpette socks?

I've seen them online but not in stores around us either.

Rabens Family said...

I buy them at ABC Distributing (www.abcdistributing.com). They are my favorite baby shower gift to give. They have them for boys and girls.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh thanks you Brittney!!!!

Jess said...

I've only seen them online, too.

We loved them as well, though. They make disney ones with Mickey Mouse, kind of look like converse shoes, too.

Joy Z said...

I'm going to have to check those out. Vincent absolutely hates socks and I don't have any shoes that fit his little fat feet. With it getting cold, he actually needs to keep something on!

Lisa Cronk said...

Just saw them in a catalog today...
www.uncommongoods.com
They have the shoelace ones, Mary Janes, and skater shoe socks.
Cute!
: ) Lisa