Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the road again!

I cannot believe that we leave tomorrow to return to Fort Lauderdale. Didn't we just leave there?! Back in the car we go. The only good thing is that this time JB will be coming with me. Oh wait. One more good thing. JB's sister recently moved to Orlando with her husband. So we can make an overnight stop without having to get a hotel. Two good things.

Tomorrow morning, Jodi is coming by to watch my boys for me so they don't have to be in the car while I drive the two hours round trip to take Scrubby to dog camp. I thought avoiding a car ride would be good since they'll get to spend plenty of time in the car later that afternoon.

We'll take off tomorrow as soon as JB is done with the big test he has to take and work requirements. We'll drive to Orlando (about 2/3 of the way to Fort Lauderdale), spend the night with Eddie and Katie, and then drive the other third of the way on Saturday.

We'll then have a few days there with family before our flight leaves at 6am on Tuesday morning. We are actually going to put the boys to bed on Monday night and then have one of my folks take us to Roy & Joan's to spend Monday night. They live minutes from the airport (instead of 30 minutes like my parents do) which will be nice when we have to get up at about 3am in the morning! What a great friend Joanie is to take us to the airport in the middle of the night!

The plan while we are gone is that JB's mom and Joanie will watch the boys during the day at my parents' home. When my Mom gets home from work, she'll take over. My Dad will join her after basketball practice each day. Then my Mom and Dad will have them on Saturday and Sunday. We return Sunday evening. JB has to be back at work on Tuesday so we will either leave Sunday evening or Monday morning for our return drive.

I am not sure about my computer access while I am gone so there may be a few days of no blogs here in the defrosting Polar North. Either way, I'm sure I'll have some great updates for you when we get back.

I'll update a couple more times from Fort Lauderdale before we head out! I am soooooo excited for this trip! Yipeeee!!!

1 comment: