Monday, September 09, 2024

365 Days of Rest #45

Josh Sermon #1

The link above is the first of a sermon series from my cousin, Josh Huisman, who is a pastor at Brentwood Community Church in Brentwood, Tennessee. Josh and his family came to visit us last week, and we discussed this upcoming series at length. I was, again, in awe, that God would parallel my journey YET AGAIN. He would confirm all the things I am learning. He would show me that HE has been leading me from the beginning to get to the root of the thinking that I had and how it was affecting me for DECADES. 

Mondays are H-A-R-D here at the Bauernhof. We do our homeschool co-op, and are directly involved with a lot of aspects of what goes on despite the fact that I stepped off the Board last year. It's a beast of a day and lots of other activities are piled on top of that day to lead to EXHAUSTION.

But despite that, I found a way to sit on my parents' porch. (This is not really their porch right now, as, right now, our friends the Dunhams live there. So I think, for the next year, I'll call it The Dunham's porch.) I found a way to sit on the Dunham's porch and color and listen to this sermon and hear ALL THIS TRUTH ... ALL THIS WISDOM ... ALL THIS CONFIRMATION of this journey I have been on.

I plan to listen to each of Josh's sermon over the coming weeks/months, and I will be sharing them here. I can summarize this one by saying: "Why, have we as Christians, decided that we cannot GRIEVE? That we cannot be sad?" Why can't we share with God the deep aches in our hearts?!



 

No comments: