Saturday, September 14, 2024

365 Days of Rest #48

Our family with my first cousin, Luke (in the green sweatshirt; yes, he's tall.) That's is wife, Sue, and their youngest son, Kody. He plays football for North Dakota State University.

Luke had actually contacted me almost two years ago when this game first went on the schedule. I booked the AirB&B property for them, and we all made plans to attend the game. It was at ETSU (East TN State University) in Johnson City which is about 45 minutes from us.


Luke and I (with one of his fellow parents)






A fellow fan/parent who helped us find where to get our tickets.

I put this in my "Day of Rest" because while this was going to be a busy day, I made plans to give myself some down time in preparation for the day. Luke and Sue came in on Wednesday. We had them over for dinner on Thursday, but then took Friday off before the game on Saturday.

I also managed a short snooze in the car while John drove us to the game. Continuing to work to find margin in my life for these "big" events!

No comments: