Sunday, March 05, 2023

Waves

The challenges within our family are coming in waves. My parents are on the way to Tennessee as we speak. They will spend one night here and then head on to Chicago for what will mostly likely be a double funeral. What would have started out as more of a "celebration" of my Uncle Jeff's life, is now incredibly heavy with the loss of his daughter-in-law Becky. 

In the meantime, my Mom's mom (my only living Grama) who is 90, pressed her life alert button two days ago and has now been admitted to the local hospital in Luddington, Michigan where she lives. (This is about 3.5 hours away from Chicago where the funerals will be). 

She had been living independently, but it had been a huge challenge due to the fact that she needed assistance and did not have any. We had some help coming to the house each day, but it's not enough. She will have to go to a long-term care facility. 

There is something "beautiful" about passing away in your sleep and not having to endure all of this tough end-of-life stuff. I love life, but I am at a point that I just think I want Jesus to come back so that we don't have to endure the harshness of this life. 

Life feels SO heavy right now. 


No comments: