Friday, March 03, 2023

Uncle Jeff

 

OBITUARY: Jeffrey A. Huisman, age 68, passed away peacefully on Thursday, March 2, 2023. Beloved husband of Susan Huisman, nee Wagner. Loving father of Jeremy (Jaclyn) Huisman, Eric (Rebecca Contreras) Huisman, and Ryan (Brianna) Huisman. Cherished grandfather of Gabriela, Frank, Benjamin, Brody, and Caleb. Dear brother of John (Dorothy) Huisman, George (Diane) Huisman, Robert (Mary) Huisman, Stephen (Mariola) Huisman, and Linda (Robert) Blonn. Fond uncle to many nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by his parents Martin and Gertrude Huisman. Jeffrey will be dearly missed by those who knew and loved him.

My Uncle Jeff was the 4th of 6 children born to my Grama Gert and her husband Martin "Mike". My Uncle John is the oldest followed my dad, Uncle Bob, then Jeff, then Scott, and then the only girl, Linda. There are a total of 17 grandchildren born to these six siblings. Jeff went to sleep on March 1st, and didn't wake up in the morning. It was his wife Sue's birthday that day. He and spent the day prior working on his oldest son's garage reconstruction. 

It is so sad to lose Uncle Jeff, but he really loved Jesus. Also, his wife Sue, is a very capable woman who will be able to manage without him despite the sadness of losing him. 

I am currently trying to figure out if I can go to the funeral. We will see ...

From left: Uncle Bob, his son Jason and his wife Kathleen. My Aunt Linda is in the back row holding her youngest son. My Aunt Mary is in the front holding Jason and Kathleen's son Cullen (who is in college now.) Uncle Jeff and Aunt Sue are standing next to my Grama and her cousin Johnny (I believe.) My cousin Evan is in the red shirt in the front. 





2009: My Grama with all six of her kids

The last time I saw my Grama -- when she got to meet Elijah "Sidge".

Some of the Huisman ladies with my Grama on the far left. That's my Aunt Sue in the flowery top sitting in the middle.

This might be the last picture taken with the six siblings altogether. Man, it's hard to see life go by.

The siblings with their spouses.


No comments: