Monday, May 17, 2021

Resting

I have returned from Florida with my oldest and youngest kiddos. We got into Tai-Cities airport (Johnson City) around 5:30pm last night. 

My Dad is home and recovering. We do not know how long he will be recovering for. Lots of waiting and praying and recuperating.

My heart took a beating with my Dad getting sick, I'll be honest. COVID was so hard on us, and I felt we had finally "gotten through." So to face this again and to see my Dad exhibiting everything we had watched over and over and over again for a year with JB's patients, took the wind out of my sails.

Going to Joni's birthday party was absolutely fantastic. I honestly had no idea how much I needed/wanted to be there, and had I not been there, both Isaac and I would have missed out on some important things. These were Joni's most intimate friends, and they have followed her story since the beginning. So for them to get to see Isaac and see the story of redemption played out in a 13-year-old boy is quite a miracle. 

I spoke a bit. Isaac also did too (because Auntie Rita slipped him some money to try and bribe him.) All the amazing people that have played a role in raising Bri and standing alongside Roy & Joni were there. 

And it was wonderful!

I am not sleeping well and so my exhaustion is quite extensive, but most of that is because I have not shut my mind down properly so I am working on that. 

I believe you can view an album of our adventures by clicking here.

 


No comments: