Friday, January 29, 2021

The Snow Queen

As promised, here are just a few pictures of our Snow Queen adventures. My good friend Jessica is doing the "back-stage" quick changes with my girls this year as I am "running" the downstairs casting area and really can't leave to do this. She napped these pictures of Abigail preparing to go out as a snowflake:



It is always such a gift when your daughters feel safe with other adults -- especially when one of those daughters is Abigail who has always tended to stick "only" to me. In fact, when they found out Jessica would miss one of the eight shows to actually go and watch it, Abigail found another mom to replace her ... and it wasn't me!


Here is Jessica carefully holding the dresses that the girls change into super fast: 

Actually, I managed to get one of Abigail's quick changes on video (while I watched the other night.) I timed it. You will see her leave as water around 1:09. But 1:39 she is back on stage as a villager! This is incredible to me, and I am hoping to sneak back stage one night to video how fast this is done. When I watched it I told Jessica: "Man I didn't give you enough credit! That is a SUPER fast change!"

In fact, it's so fast, our Director told Abigail it was too fast for her, but Abigail asked if she could "try" to get it done. And she did!


If you'd like to see another "quick" clip of Abigail & Hannah, here you go. They are snowflakes, villagers, and "stroom" which is some sort of ocean wave person :)


 

No comments: