Sunday, January 31, 2021

Our Elijah/Sidge turns 12

If you didn't know us before we had children ... you missed some really good stories. 

You missed five years of intense infertility treatments, an adoption, and then a pregnancy that my doctor flat out said: "I gave you like ZERO percent chance of every sitting across from me pregnant."

And then, that miracle baby was born and we thought we lost him before we ever held him. You can read the entire story as written by my husband by clicking here.

I reflected on his incredibly scary world entrance last year on the Blog. You can read that by clicking here.

We named him Elijah Luke. But as his brother Isaac started talking, only eight months older than him, he couldn't pronounce Elijah. He called him Sidge-uh, and that became Sidge and somewhere around the time he was 2 or 3, Sidge just stuck.

Today, this miracle boy: miracle in conception and miracle in birth ... is 12. I am including some of my favorite pictures of Elijah and his blue eyes below.

He is a lover of all things ... natural. Fancy stuff doesn't interest him. He likes birds and animals and beauty of the natural world. For his birthdays in year past, he would ask to go to fossil museums or the zoo or a National Park. 

He loves taking pictures, birding, helping back stage with the ballet, playing Wingspan, reading, and being outside in any form or fashion. Recently, he was punished with "no birding for a week."I meant, no taking your camera out to see birds. 

Ever-honest Sidge came in and said: "Mom, am I allowed to look when I am outside? I mean I can't avoid seeing birds."

No camera, I told him. And he smiled, relieved. 

He is truly one of the sweetest, most sincere, most wonderful people in the world. And I thank God everyday for miracles.














 

3 comments:

Joia said...

He IS a super cool kid!

Okay, those photos, and his watermark name, are amazing!

hallagulla2020 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hallagulla2020 said...

Great work
https://www.universalfireprotection.com.pk/fire-fighting-equipment-in-pakistan/