Sunday, January 03, 2021

Returning

Our family has returned to Florida. 

John returned to a three-day stint in the ER.

I am preparing to start homeschooling the kids again tomorrow.

We've been away from our "normal" for quite some time. We usually our with the Kotynskis every single day. But when we got COVID, we separated. They were heading out of town, so we didn't see them before they left. Then they came back, but we had Florida family in town so they chose to stay away. We've missed them a lot. Tomorrow we will return to "regular life" with them, and that feels nice.

With COVID, everything is different. When in our life will we question every single get-together and thing we need to do. 

It's hard to believe this pandemic is almost a year old. 

And the vaccine is on the horizon! Our elderly and healthcare providers are getting it. Maybe ... just maybe ... our while LIFE will return to normal?

After my parents left, I penned these words on FACEBOOK: 

My parents left yesterday. And before they did, we stood on their porch in downtown Greeneville, and Papa Coach and my mom laid their hands on my husband and prayed. During this past week, my parents were able to witness FIRST-HAND the war we are in here in East TN ... and somehow, that helped me ... to know they "get" it.
My Dad prayed that the Holy Spirit would work through John’s hands just as Jesus' hands were used for healing.
That is my prayer for my husband, and I ask you to join me in praying that the Lord's wisdom will rest on my husband.
John Kitsteiner
often says that moment-to-moment he has to just trust the Lord is leading ... that so many decisions are bigger than him. Pray with me that the Lord will guide his steps and lead him as he works to save lives THROUGH the marvelous work of our heavenly Father.

My Dad texted me and reminded me that they were praying for me too -- as John's teammate. 

He is such an amazing teammate. And we are so ready for COVID to be over. But for now, we "return" to doing what we need to do for the community ... together.

1 comment:

blair said...

Wendi. Working in the healthcare field during this time can be very stressful. I can’t even imagine what Dr Kitsteiner goes through each shift he works. The song “Peace” by Bethel Music has helped me. Please tell your dad, coach to me that I say hello. Brenda