Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Tribe Life Tuesday: In Full View


A weekly post from my childhood to grown-up friend Carrie ~ 
sharing her awesome life and her desire to have community while doing it!

-->
Happy TribeLife Tuesday!

All month long we have been talking about how to Live Fully and Be Present. If you haven’t had a chance to read the previous blogs from January, do go back and check them out. As this month is coming to a close, I would love to hear from you! What does living fully and being present look and feel like to you? Let’s discuss in the comments below! 

The strangest thing has happened to me this month as I’ve been digging deep and exploring my own heart and mind. I have struggled with contentment for years, always working at being content but never quite grasping that thing I so longed for. But, as I wrote about this internal battle I face, I’ve found myself being more content than I ever have before. As I wrote about my discontentment and my desire to just be present and sit in contentedness every day, things began to change. I am sure there is some scientific or spiritual implication to that but that research will have to wait for another day. What I can gather is that there is something about getting your thoughts out of your brain and onto a sheet of paper -- it sobers you up. I think the reality is that some of the things I was discontent about are so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things that they aren’t worth my focus. At least that’s the revelation I came to. 

So I invite you to focus in on being present this week. Getting nose to nose with those things in your life that cause you to get unhinged. Let’s focus in on you, your health, your world. What are the things that are distracting you? Take a moment and write them down. You may be asking “things that distract me from what?” And to answer - things that distract you from fully engaging in the world around you.  

I have personally challenged myself to not view the world from behind a screen. Be it a television, a camera, a phone, I want nothing in front of my face except what is actually there. Being a total lover of social media, I see the massive benefits of it: it makes our very big world reachable and that is amazing. I also see the pitfalls of such an incredible tool, the distraction it can become and the scrolling vortex you can get sucked into. So I have made myself accountable to me in this area and am continually reminding myself to not view the world from behind this lens. What is really in front of you? I’m always asking myself where is it that we should explore? 

And that’s just it -- GO EXPLORE. It is literally the best way TO BE PRESENT. 

How will you be present this week? How will you explore your world without hiding behind a screen or a lens? 

We are so grateful to journey with you and look forward seeing you next week. 


Carrie

No comments: