Saturday, May 16, 2015

You are Faithful

For nearly a decade, Amy and her husband Jason, members of Bethel Church, Redding journeyed through infertility. While I know not every story ends up with the ending we want, I do think it is vitally important that we remember that God is real. I cannot emphasize enough that God does not give up on us. And I always want people to know that God remains the same.

My husband John and I were married ten years before we became parents. While we met when we were in elementary school and started dating as teenagers, we had passed 30 when we finally adopted our son Isaac.

I had given up on me.

I had no doubt that I would never have a biological child. Even my doctor, when I found myself sitting in her office with a positive pregnancy test in front of us both shook her head in disbelief. "I have to be honest with you," she said. "I never, ever thought you'd be sitting here, pregnant. Ever."

But it happened.

And I was the person who everyone thought it would never happen for.

But God did not give up on me. And my lack of belief did not equal an unanswered prayer.

To read Amy's story of her journey through infertility, click here. 

This isn't just for infertility. Where do you need a breakthrough? God is faithful. He is able. He is stable. Please don't forget that as you watch this music video below:

5 comments:

DDT said...

Thank you for sharing this. While I haven't yet sat down to read Amy's story, your post alone was truly a blessing today. My husband and I find out tomorrow the results of an IUI, which we are predicting will be negative due to a few different factors. Over the past few weeks as we have waited to be able to get the results I have been reminding myself every chance I get to trust God.. that He has a plan and He knows better than we do. It has brought me peace but at the same time the knowledge that tomorrow will likely give us a negative result has been so discouraging. Reading this tonight was healing. Thank you!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I'm so glad I was able to provide you with some encouragement. Don't give up -- not only on believing for your family but on believing in God. He really, really loves us and has our best interest in mind.

I can truly say now that i am GLAD for those 10 years ... they have truly made me the woman I am.

AW said...

I needed this. Because I have pretty much given up. Not because I don't believe God can, but I know what He's given is Grace upon Grace and "sufficient". I'm trying to focus on needs right now, not dreams. Is that bad? I've given up on the dream, not God.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

And, I don't think that's bad at all. It's what I did with IF completely ... sometimes it is the only way to protect our heart I believe.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.