Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Refreshed


After yesterday's post, I heard from so many people. THANK YOU for loving me and letting me be REAL. Thank you for not letting me feel alone in this very busy season of my life. I must remember that:
  • I have four YOUNG children. (Hard)
  • I am homeschooling. (Hard)
  • We are moving in three weeks. (Hard)
  • My husband worked a LOT last week. (Hard)
  • I chose to put more on my plate than I should have this week. (Hard)
It was perfect timing that over a month ago, my college friend, Shea, sort of forced me to plan a one night getaway. I knew I needed it but just knew how challenging it cane be to schedule a whole 24 hours away from the house. Shea encouraged me to do this. And I'm so glad she did because it was such a wonderful time of respite for us. Shea has been one of my dearest friends since we were 18 years old. 

We stayed at THE INN AT FONTANEL simply based on it being the highest ranked place on Trip Advisor. What an amazing place. I cannot recommend it enough to anyone wanting a luxurious night away. Amazing dinner at their Italian restaurant, awesome B&B breakfast, amazing room, and just simply a fantastic time for Shea and I to hang out without our children and refresh ourselves a bit.

Our room -- one of the "bunkies" so much cheaper and still amazing!

We only had about 24 hours -- actually a little less -- but it was still great. We had a great dinner, took a tour of the property in provided golf carts, laid in our beds and watched HGTV, and then got up for a wonderful breakfast. After that, we took a free tour of Barbara Mandrel's former home -- a 22,000 square foot log cabin. A very fun tour that I highly recommend. (Especially if you like country music.)

A picture of the outside of the home.


Shea and I in the room ...

pictured here.

I am now back home and busy planning for another 1-night getaway to celebrate Isaac's birthday. (More on that later.)

For now, I'm back into the swing of things, refreshed and ready to tackle another mom day -- with my hubby who has a few days off in a row!

Onward!

No comments: