Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Funnies

While putting spray-n-wash on one of the boys' shirts, Sidge asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was putting special spray on it to stop the ketchup from staining the shirt. Isaac heard what I said and asked, "Does ketchup stain our mouths?" No, I told him. "Oh. It only stains clothes. Not mouths. Right, Mommy?"
*****
Me: "JB, could you please take a look at all the little bugs on the bathroom ceiling."
JB: "What are they?"
Me: "I have no idea."
JB: "Well, what do they look like?"
Me: "Like mini moths."
Sidge: "Minney Mouse!?"
Me: "No. Not Minney Mouse. She's not in the bathroom. There are mini moths."
*****
The boys were carrying a bunch of stuff to go upstairs. I told them we would take the elevator instead. Excited, we climbed aboard. Sometimes, if you don't hold the buttons just right, when you get to the second floor, you can't open the door, and your only choice is to ride it back down and start again. On the way back down, their new toys and excitement bubbling all over them, Isaac turned to me and said, "Mom. I think we'll just take the stairs."
*****
Sidge busted out the flashlight one day, and Scrubby, went crazy. (Our dog likes to chase flashlights as you can see in this video.) He was barking so loudly though in excitement, that Abigail got scared, and we told Sidge he had to put the flashlight away. "Okay Mommy. But he woofed. Did you hear him woof?"
*****
Sidge came into the bathroom to take a bath. "But first I need to go potty."
Me: "Okay. And then second you will get in the bathtub."
Sidge: "And then what about eight?"
*****
Sidge will often tell me he has to go to the bathroom. I will say, "Okay." But I need to say. "Okay. Hold on. We are going to go find a bathroom." Because, for instance, if he says this in the van, and we get out of the van, I will turn, and he has taken my "Okay" as "Okay, yes, you may drop your drawers and pee right here on the median. Go for it." Which is not what I was intending at all. This morning, he did this outside the coffee shop. Then, as we were leaving the Commisssary, both boys told me they needed to pee even though we had just been in the grocery store and I had asked them if they needed to go. But when you are holding baby, bags, juggling keys, and holding the hands of two boys, you don't want to go back into the store. So you pick a tree. As they were going on the tree I said, "Guys, in the future. Let's go potty when we are in the store. Okay?" And Sidge, once again, said, "Mom. Is it the future now?" Oh well.
*****
Abigail is rarely on the "Friday Funnies" but I thought it might be fun to put a video of her on here showing her own style. Here she is dressed up in shoes she picked out and a hat she brought us. In fact, this morning, she brought us two skirts and insisted on having them put on on top of each other.

No comments: