Monday, August 27, 2012

Kid-ID

Somehow the boys and I got on the conversation of the ID I have to show the guards each time I enter and exit the Base. It's nothing like Turkey mind you. Here, I flash an ID and I go through. I flash an ID and I go out. No scanning and questions and dogs and intense scrutiny. But we started talking about this ID. And they started asking why they didn't have one. Not until you are 12 do you need an ID. At least that is the military's rule. But we came up with our own rule.

They needed an ID!

So, first we took photos. It's amazing how cooperative (and cute) they can be when there is something in it for them!



And here they are with their finished product. We printed the pictures in color and used some cool laminating paper I had ordered off Amazon a few weeks ago. We didn't let Daddy touch it because if had gotten his hands on it, the guards were thinking it was really an original! Mommy the non-former-graphic-designer did it all by herself. The boys were so excited with the final product:



They wish the guards would look a little closer at them when we go through, but they keep them by their seats in the car. They are proud of them. And so am I! Quite a "crafty" thing for little ol' me.

2 comments:

Brittny said...

How cute! Sophie has been doing this since we were in FL. She has given the guards a toy driver's license and now she gives them our room key. Thankfully the guards play along.

yuan family said...

Too cute that they each have one! Way to go Wendi!