Monday, September 20, 2010

My Bball Teammates Rock!

Elijah and Isaac chowing down on their goldfish snacks from Shea.

What a great surprise today! My trip to the mailbox revealed presents from two of my former basketball teammates. Shea sent us a care package filled with goodies that she herself missed when she was living overseas and playing basketball. Jaime sent me sharpie pens, remembering how much I loved writing with them. Jaime, how did you remember that?! So very cool!

I am so blessed by wonderful friends from past and present places in my life. From way back in my childhood in South Florida, to my years in college in Kentucky, to my teaching and coaching in Kentucky after college, to life in the Polar North, followed by Eglin AFB and now Turkey. What a blessing!

Thank you Shea and Jaime. Everyone jokes around here that the little yellow slips we get in our PO Box at the mail office is like college mail. It's so exciting to everyone here. We really are isolated and this really makes us feel a bit of home. Thanks gals!

No comments: