Thursday, September 09, 2010

Bugs!

There are a lot of spiders here.

I silently thank the Lord for the good things about spiders. (Remember Corrie Ten Boom, author of The Hiding Place, who thanked the Lord for lice since it kept the guards from getting too close to them?) I know that spiders keep other bugs away. And that is a good thing. But man there are a lot of spiders. Inside. Outside. Upside. Downside.

At least spiders have a purpose. Cockroaches? I know they help the ecosystem, but I really believe their role could be fulfilled by another worthy adversary. Spiders are wayyyy better than cockroaches. So I am thanking the Lord for that too. Thanking him that the bugs I see everywhere are not cockroaches.

And thanking Him that they aren't poisonous. That's another check on the "positive" side.

My boys, especially Elijah, thinks any bug located is worthy of being picked up immediately. JB found a beetle outside today and had to introduce Mr. Beetle to Isaac and Elijah. Elijah immediately went in for the handhold, and I tried to keep my squirmishes on the down-low as JB believes that squirmishes are learned. He doesn't want my squirmishes transferred to them. So I squealed inwardly as we watched the beetle crawl all over Elijah and Elijah squeal with delight.

I have, however, informed JB that if he is not home to rescue the insect, that any insect found within the confines of my home shall be subsequently destroyed if not able to be shooed out immediately.

Especially spiders.

He wasn't happy, but he acquiesced because he had no other choice.

2 comments:

Joy Z said...

I agree. Insects, ESPECIALLY spiders, do not belong in my home. There is nothing for them in here. No plants, dirt or other bugs to eat. So, they must stay outside and if they choose to invade, they will be immediately disposed of. If Vic is here, he will relocate them. I do not relocate, I eliminate!

Really glad you don't have poisonous ones! Ugh!

TAV said...

Ugh. HATE SPIDERS