Friday, September 24, 2010

Ball!

Last night was the Air Force Gala. We put the boys to bed before the sitter came which was very helpful with them not feeling well. We had a wonderful evening. Since not everyone could be in the main room (they have a 200 person limit for fire code and they wanted more people to be able to come) they had rooms set up all around the club with TV's and food stations everywhere. From 7-8 there was food all over the place, 8-9 a speaker, and 9-? dancing. Great time!

I did wear the purple dress based on the vote on my blog and loved it. It fits great and unlike most strapless dresses, doesn't feel like it is going to fall down all night. I also went and got my hair done with Angelica at the beauty shop on base. A Turkish guy did it for eight bucks! I should just get it done everyday.


My date for the evening.


Angelica, me and "Stebbins". Sarah A. was also there but we lost her midway through the evening. (There were so many rooms, it was like a maze if you lost someone.)

Stebbins and her hubby Ryan.

Tom and Emily are our neighbors next door. They are great people and attend our same church service.

Angelica and her husband Dan.

Dancing. Not sure what we were talking about here.

Because everyone has to wear the same "mess dress" tuxedo, they will often get the shirt under their tux personalized. Here is Dan's personalization. And you can see the guy in the background's choice. JB hasn't done this yet. Not sure if he will. We may have to have a vote as to what should go on it.

Stebbins. She is such a fun person. (And she doesn't even drink. This is how she is all the time. Just very real and very goofy and very herself. What a great friend.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! My vote was for the black dress, but I love the purple, good choice. Looks like you had fun.

Haley
Portland, OR

TAV said...

gorgeous! love the hair!

Rachel and Hans said...

i love the hair, too! and yay...my choice won! :)

Jess said...

Oh my gosh, LOL at the guy behind the guy in that one pic! HA!

Your hair looks stunning, and you are SO tall. Jealous! :)