Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Want to hear my ABC's?"

My parents sent this adorable book to the boys via mail. (By the way, have I told everyone on here how much we appreciate mail here? It feels great to have some sort of connection to back home.)

The book is one in which they record their own voices reading the book to the boys. As Isaac sat and turned the page, Papa and Grama Di took turns reading various pages or lines to the boys.

Elijah didn't quite get it yet. But Isaac loved it. The only thing was, he kept looking into these little holes in the book (where the battery is I am assuming) and saying, "Papa? Di? Want to hear me sing my ABC's?" It was so sweet and touching and sad at the same time.

He asks, every time we get on Skype to my parents, JB's parents, or Joni, if, "I come to your house?" He really misses our families.

I miss them too.

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh that just breaks my heart :( Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Breaks our hearts, too :(
but we sure love visiting 'almost' in person! I love Skype:)
grandma k

Grama Di said...

Awwwwww Wendi!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh man that hurts the heart -just saying a prayer for your dear sensitive boy! how precious!
Tante Jan