Saturday, August 28, 2010

Activities Abound

Last night we went to "Glow-in-the-Dark-Bowling." The church was hosting the event. We had pizza, the boys bowled, and we got to fellowship with some wonderful people. I am really excited about our church on Base. Such great people and, because of the lack of things to do in close proximity, lots of fun activities. There seem to be 2 or 3 opportunities to participate every week.

This morning, Isaac went to his first gymnastics class. They have a 2-4 year old class that meets every Saturday. JB took him, and apparently, the teacher, while incredibly sweet and knowledgeable about gymnastics, had never really had the opportunity to "herd cats" before. The kids kind of did their own thing. But Isaac still loved it. We think we'll let him try it for a month or so and see if it's worth the time and money.

Unfortunately, post-bowling brought on another upset stomach from Isaac. He actually told us he had a belly ache and we found him in his bed a few hours later after he had "had the upsetness." Both times this has occurred, it has been after eating out of the house. We have been allowing him to have occasional items with egg cooked in, but are now wondering if this may be what is causing him to get sick. Felt so badly for the little guy. He snuggled with us in our bed until close to midnight. He's gotten to be such a snuggler!

We watched the movie Changeling last night. A bit disturbing. Not strongly recommended for that reason, but otherwise good. I also read a wonderful book that I wanted to recommend. It's called The Help. Apparently, it is going to be a movie soon too. The content is one I greatly enjoy -- breaking down racial stereotypes. While there were a few slightly disturbing parts (including a sub-plot of miscarriage) it was a wonderful book. I loved it.

In other news, I've been dog sitting for Sasha and Max, Nick and Kristy's dogs, this weekend. Their pups are staying at their house due to Sasha's slight hesitation with other dogs. We haven't tried to have them meet Scrubs yet but we are hoping to see if they will get along when Nick returns on Sunday. Poor Scrubs. Whenever I come back from hugging on their dogs, he sniffs me for like thirty minutes and just has the look like, "How dare you? I thought we were exclusive!"

We've thoroughly enjoyed having JB off for a three-day-weekend. Apparently, the Base doesn't give four days in a row off, so they decided to give back-to-back three-day-weekends instead. No complaining from me.

I've also been enjyoing spending time with my new friend "William's Sarah." They are hoping to get their HHG early next week. "William's Sarah" introduced me to "Peter's Sarah." Added to this are "Scotty's Sarah" and "Elica's Sarah" and you can tell that I am a bit inundated with Sarah's!

1 comment:

David and Lesley said...

"I thought we were exclusive?" Hilarious! :) Miss you guys!