Sunday, August 15, 2010

Market Day

We went to a Sunday market about 10 minutes outside of Base this morning. It was massive! We only walked through a small section of the market. Due to the fact that our double stroller would take up our entire trunk, we opted not to bring it. The boys did a good job walking along side of us and getting kissed by everyone. Here are some pictures from the market:

A picture of the market.


That's a very sweaty JB getting some tomatoes. There is no bartering. The products are already priced and we Americans were given the same prices as the Turkish!

My three guys.

Isaac and Daddy navigating the market. The boys were really okay without holding our hands except when motorcycles went by.


This young man insisted that I take his picture. So I did!


Less than one hour and about $10 USD later, here was our stash. (The wine was from a trip to a Turkish equivalent of Sam's or Costco later in the day and was about $3-4 a bottle.)



Those are dates in the top left corner and cherries in the middle. The bananas pictured may have been the best bananas I have EVER eaten. Elijah ate 2.5 of them while we were walking around the market.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss coming home w/ a stash like that for $10 US!
Tante Jan

I will try and not respond to all your blog updates w/ my memories -this is about YOU I know but oh my gosh it is fun to relive so many things thru you!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Katie said...

wow - that is an amazing stash! Have fun using it all! I'm enjoying all your updates from afar and am happy you are making the most of this fun adventure for your family!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Janet, I hope this is NOT just about me but about all of us learning (and sharing) together. Keep it coming!!!

Jess said...

This is super crazy interesting! I LOVE IT. Keep posting!

Talia Christine said...

Wendi,

I love your posts! Your blog is so wonderful. What an adventure.

Blessings,
Talia

http://taliachristine.blogspot.com