Here are some highlights of your life:
- You have been to the following states: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Illinois, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, New York. Fourteen! Strong work little man.
- You have been to the following countries: U.S. and Germany and Turkey. Many more to come we are sure!
- You currently are attempting new sounds and words everyday. You don't say specific words a whole lot but you say that beginning part of a lot of words. You also say the following words very clearly: car, ball, Mama, Dada, Papa, Di, Bub-bub (for Scrubs), go, Isaac (comes out a bit funny), Elijah, thank you and probably a few others I am just not thinking of right now. (I'm jet lagged and so are you.)
- You make the signs for: thank you, please, bath, milk, pacifier, night-night, more, water, froggie (your favorite item to sleep with).
- You know where all your major body parts are and will point to them and say the first syllable of many of them.
- You love music and you love to dance. You do the "crazy dance" and "crazy walk" anytime you are asked.
- You love to try and jump. Unfortunately, you are yet to get any air time.
- You have completely recovered from the neck issues you had during your first nine months of life. Your head is still big, but it's mighty cute. :)
- If you are asked: What movie do you want to watch, you answer CARS! as loudly as you can over and over and over again.
- You love Mickey Mouse.
- You love TV. LOVE IT! As soon as we offer to put it on, you climb up onto the couch, a look of incredible excitement on your face.
- You really love nearly all foods although you don't seem very interested in junk food. Since you are healthy (a Turkish gal called you this yesterday), we don't push the sweets for you either. You especially love bananas right now.
- Your love to read books.
- You also love to play with your cars. You will pick up a handful of them and then climb up onto a chair to drive them on a table. Then you'll relocate to an end table. And then somewhere else.
- You love to give "love." Tonight you hugged our new friend Jim and wouldn't let go. You will say "thank you" and give hugs and kisses all the time. You aren't afraid of strangers. You prefer Mommy over everyone else (lucky me!) and Daddy second.
- You like to run and hide when we ask you to get your diaper changed.
- You love wearing your boots all around the house.
- You struggled with listening for a few months there but are really doing a good job following directions and understanding nearly anything we say. While you are active, you will sit and read books or watch a movie for long stretches of time.
- You have zero fear of bugs or animals of any sort. You'll dive right in to investigate nature including leaves, flowers, and bugs.
- You sometimes get a little rough with animals or other kids but we really think you are just trying to show them that you like them. As soon as we remind you to be gentle, you give hugs and kisses.
- You love to wrestle and play tent -- the rougher the better in your mind.
We love you Elijah Luke. Thank you Lord for giving us the opportunity to see you grow up into the little boys you are becoming.
wow! 14 states in 18 months!
thanks for the turkey updates!
Love my boy! How great is our God?
Post a Comment