Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Aunt Linda rocks!

My Aunt Linda is currently at the top of my list of people I love! Okay, so truth be told, I'd love her even if she didn't send me this email last night telling me about the "Frio" wallet, but it sounds more dramatic this way, don't you think?

All right so what you do know is I got an email from my Aunt Linda last night. What you don't know, most likely, is what the heck a "Frio" wallet is. Folks, the "Frio" wallet is amazing!

As I have mentioned earlier, I have to start taking my lupron shots for our May 31st transfer while in Africa. The problem with this is that the liquid for the shots has to stay cool. Not as cold as I originally thought, but cooler than 77 degrees at all times. This creates a little problem considering we will be in Africa.

We have looked at a variety of options, all of which were expensive (nearly $200 to ship my meds to Africa and pick them up when I got there) or "risky" (would I be able to find ice in any location I was at?) Even in Nigeria, electricity is very spotty. I couldn't rely on it.

However, my Aunt Linda has found a cooling pack that cools with cold water over and over again! It is used to store diabetic medications which actually have to be kept cooler than my medications. All you do is submerse the gel packs in cold water! How cool is that!?

I am thrilled!! I am going to speak to a pharmacist to make sure that this will work, but we are pretty confident and very relieved.

Aunt Linda -- you rock!

No comments: