Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Interviews

Today I did something I've never done before. I actually interviewed candidates for my own job.
I will be doing about 10 hours a week for Mayo once I move to Florida. (Not enough to get benefits including the $10,000 adoption benefit -- bummer!) I will be combining this with 20-30 hours for RLS -- so I will be working nearly full-time from my own desk in my own pajamas with my own Oprah on in the background.

Anyways, the other 14 hours will go to a new gal. She will work for him about 10 hours a week and then work for another physician 10 hours a week. So, the two departments got together and interviewed candidates. It was myself and the supervisor for the other department. We did three interviews in a row which was a little draining but quite an experience for me.

I probably shouldn't say much more. If the candidates go home and google me and get this blog, I'd hate to say something bad (or good) about them. I will just say that I have never sat on the other side of the interview table before. You see a lot of interesting things and really get a peek into what the "hirers" are actually looking for. There was very good and very bad, and I'll just leave it at that. We have one more interview tomorrow, and then we hope to make a decision by the week's end.

In this case I am trying to pick my own replacement. I am also trying to pick someone that I will be working with when I move to Florida. My boss has basically told me to do a good job in picking him a new person. He's way too busy to have to participate in the interviews. So hopefully, we will pick a good person.

In other news, it is feels like 25. Not too shabby don't you know. (Just kidding -- I hate when Minnesotans say "don't you know".)

No comments: