Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Remembering Kelly

Some of you may know me well enough to know my friend Kelly Ray. Kelly went to our tiny church in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and was such an amazing woman of God. Kelly is "tied" to us being as her husband Scott is Ronnie's cousin (and through Ronnie, his sister Deanna's cousin as well). In 2004, Kelly died of an infection after a routine surgery. She and her husband Scott had six amazing children. The youngest, Ben, was just a year old when Kelly passed away.

It has been nearly three years since she died, and Scott has put together a tribute page for her. You can visit it by clicking here:
Kelly E. Ray.

Kelly was such an amazing woman. She cared for her children and family with all her heart. When she died, we were in Chicago and unable to get to Kentucky for the funeral, however, I have been told that it was standing room only for this little Kentucky housewife.

Please take the chance to visit this memorial page, view the pictures of Kelly, and even if you didn't know her, leave a message. I think it is a good reminder to treasure every minute we have on this earth as a precious gift and to also be so thankful for the legacy of children as well as for our own families.


We are so proud of Scott! Keep on keeping on Scott!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Wendi. Make me cry at work why don't you.

Thanks for sharing this site. I didn't know Scott had put it together. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten.

Oh how I miss her and all she did for me. Just the prayers alone she said for me. She would make me laugh one minute and then the next scare me to death with her driving. We came so close to having so many wrecks.

Well I must go dry my eyes. Thanks again for sharing this. Quite a trip down memory lane.