Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ice scultpures

Today I:
  • Read some funny blonde jokes shared by friends! Very good folks. Post some more please! (See blog below if you don't know what I am talking about.)
  • Worked out with JB.
  • Went to breakfast at Pannnnnnakooooken with Lesley. (I had a panakooken. Lesley said it was strange that I put syrup on my eggs and then promptly dumped hash browns in her split pea soup. Hmmmm ... what's wrong with this picture)?
  • Did some laundry.
  • Played a few games of online spades.
  • Got my hair cut.
  • Ate dinner with Lesley and JB.
  • Beat Lesley and JB in Hotels.
Also, while on our way to breakfast, Lesley and I walked through the underground and past Victoria's restaurant. They have two ice sculptures sitting outside just chilling there. What's sad is that there is no danger of either of these sculptures melting. (I think they are of someone pouring some wine or something). In fact folks, there's no danger of anything melting anytime soon. This snow that is piled up isn't melting at all. The streets are bone dry. Stop the insanity.

JB and I must admit -- we don't know if it is that we know we are leaving so we have given up fighting the cold or if it is because we are just so sick of winter -- but we are just Done (note the capital "D") with this whole freeze your butt off thing. Speaking of freezing your butt off, I know now where that expression comes from. Cold weather makes you think that is literally happening.

I'm sorry! I give up! I cannot stop myself from complaining about this weather. And I've now officially given up trying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Split pea soup for breakfast??????

TAV said...

Yeah. I'm wondering who goes to Pannakooken and orders split pea soup. No pancakes for Lesley??

Anonymous said...

but you'll never get to snuggle under a nice big quilt by a fireplace drinking hot cocoa with marshmellows in Florida! no variety for your love life! :)
xo Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Yikes! In defense of my dining selections, I'll state that it was 11:00AM and I had already eaten a rather large breakfast. Thus, I was really eating lunch. Split pea soup for lunch is okay, right? :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lesley, I agree. I misrepresented you. It was 11:00. 11:00 is a "go either way" hour. If it was 10, I couldn't defend you.