Monday, March 27, 2006

Satisfying Sunday

JB and I started off Sunday by serving as greeters as church. We are supposed to do this once a month but seemed to get called nearly every week. You'd think in a church of over a thousand families, we could get a few more people. We hand people a bulletin, say hello, and, help with offering. All this and we only have to get there 15 minutes early. NO ONE gets to church until 8:55 (9:00 start.) It's very odd.

Yesterday, JB took a nap, I played a few games of spades, he got up, made a great lunch, and we watched 11th seed George Mason upseed UCONN. Shortly after 1:00, my headaches dissipated, and I was able to do some scrapbooking. I thought I would share a few of my favorite pages from yesterday.

One rule: do NOT call me girly or craftsy. Thank you.



During the second game of the evening (Florida and Villanova), JB took a look at the temperature. 46! We quickly threw on some sweats and went outside for a walk. It was a little chilly but a great help for our cabin fever.

JB also made a great dinner. His presentation is half his meal. Here's what we ate last night. It's a Mediterranean meat dish with fruit, brussel sprouts, and fantastic cheese bread. Oh and of course wine for JB and grape juice for me.


We also watched the movie The Constant Gardner. It was very good. It was a thriller of sorts, but I handled it very well. Good movie! I like Netflix.

I also got a call today from a newspaper reporter from the Post Bulletin trying to get to the bottom of the U-CIT (real estate company goes bankrupt) fiasco. Apparently there are A LOT of people owed money (including someone who is owed $30,000) and apparently, they haven't officially gone bankrupt. I gave him a quote but didn't feel comfortable saying anything that didn't come directly first-hand for me.

3 comments:

suebaby said...

Some things never change... I remember you saying ten years ago, "Wendi is NOT a Girly-girl!!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Tell John when your feeding a family of 5, $1.50 a jar looks a whole lot better than $3.00 a jar. :)

Anonymous said...

I understand that eating healthy sometimes costs more... sometimes it can be a whole lot more. But often it isn't that dramatic of a difference. But I also try to consider the long term costs of health problems also when we are shopping.

One person I met had a heart attack. After his ER visit and subsequent bypass surgery, his bill was over $200,000 of which his insurance company paid 90% - he owed $20,000 - this is very common.

Over 20 years, that is another $1,000 a year (or about $85 a month) that could have been spent on healthier groceries.

Finally, we are paying well over $85 a month in the hope to have a family of 5. It's all about priorities.