Friday, March 10, 2006

Getting out of dodge

Jb and I are leaving town! It's supposed to be in the fifties (maybe sixty?) tomorrow so we've decided to drive south and get as warm as humanly possible. It's Friday night right now but my hubby is currently scouring the net. I think we've decided to head to Decorah, Iowa -- have a picnic lunch, go out for dinner, see some trails and their historic downtown, get a nice hotel room or bed and breakfast, and head back whenever we want on Sunday. I am so excited!!!

The only bad news is I might have to go in and work for an hour or two tomorrow morning. My boss is heading out of town tomorrow evening and we have to finish a PowerPoint presentation for an oral presentation that he is giving in Atlanta. However, as soon as I am done working we are seriously getting out of here.

I'll take pictures and share with you sometime on Sunday when we get back. Since I won't be posting for two days, here are some bullets discussing what is going on in our lives.
  • I do not have any further updates on my $500 freelance issue. However, I am working on thesis editing for a woman and she has already paid me for the first installment so if I am smart, I think I can eliminate this happening, at least to such an extreme degree, in the future.
  • Tomorrow is my goddaughter Jessie Wilson's NINTH birthday. Big shout out to Jessie on her special day.
  • I have a new possibility in my writing life: a book! To make a very long story short (as I am sure I will update you more on this sometime in the future), I have connected with a women with MS who at 32, started her own non-profit organization. She is interested in writing a biography and has chosen me as her writer. This may not generate any form of income and may never actually even get printed, but the possibility is something very interesting to me so we will see where this goes.
  • JB has finished 3 weeks of pediatrics on-call. His next 3 weeks will include: cardiology, infectious disease, and cancer (all with pediatrics.) He has absolutely loved the primary care specialties and definitely feels much more in his element than when he was on surgery.
  • We got a letter from JB's brother Matt who is currently in basic training in Missouri. It was great to hear from him and maybe I will share a few clips from the letter in an upcoming post. He graduates May 12th. We would LOVE to go. The issue will be the timing of my IVF. If everything goes as planned, we should be able to go, but any delays/post-ponements could mean we wouldn't make it. Matt said he wants JB to wear his Air Force uniform as he outranks Matt's drill sergeants and they will have to salute JB.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Have fun on your vacation get away! :) Also, to add more to the fun, Pannekouken is having it's anniversary celebration - all pannekoukens are $3.99!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lesley, how long does that last for? Just this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't know - I just saw the banner up as I was driving by. ?