Thursday, September 11, 2014

Enjoying Vermont

I write this from Vermont. From a beautiful lake in Vermont where fall is in the air and the leaves are just starting to change into vibrant colors.

Isaac and I flew up to spend some time with his birth family! I am only staying a few days before heading home. Isaac will stay longer and return with Joni a few days later. She will then spend a few days with all the kids at home in Tennessee before returning to Vermont.

My first day in, I had the opportunity to have lunch with two of Isaac's aunts and one of his birth mom Bri's cousins: Kelli whom I haven't seen since I was a teenager. How wonderful to have another whole family embrace us and welcome us in all because of the miracle of adoption. I LOVE IT!

In the meantime, Grama K. and JB (when he is not working) are holding the fort back at the house with the other three kids. I really miss them, but I am enjoying not having to wipe a child's bottom for four whole days!

I got some good news while I am here. One of my infertility pieces was picked up by Bethany Christian Services. You can read it here: Breaking Your Good News ... To Your Infertile Friend. In addition, Christianity Today has also picked up one of my pieces. They turned it into more of an interview. I'll post a link to it when it is available online!

In the meantime I am enjoying napping, sleeping in, and spending time with just my eldest! Oh, and seeing Roy & Joni is an extra plus!

No comments: