Thursday, March 08, 2012

Oh how they grow

The doors in our home are very heavy. We therefore have a rule that only mommy and daddy can open and shut doors to prevent finger damage. (Especially after JB stitched up the neighbor boy's finger for precisely the same calamity.)
Isaac: "When I turn four, I am bigger, and I can open doors."
Wendi: "No, you have to be five years old. That's the rule."
Isaac: "But Trez is four."
Wendi: "Okay."
Isaac: "And Trez can open and shut doors. So when I turn four, I can do it too."
*****
Isaac found some dandelion weed/flowers in the yard and began picking them. I noticed that some of them had a pink tinge on the edge. I asked JB why they had a tinge. John just shrugged. He had no idea. But Isaac said, "Mommy, Jesus made them that way." Out of the mouth of babes!
*****
Elijah: "Mommy, Abigail just burped up."
Wendi: "That's okay. Sometimes that happens. Remember when you did the throw up?"
Elijah: "Yes."
Wendi: "Well, babies do that. Just like we do."
Elijah: "Yeah but she did the white throw-up. I did the macaroni throw-up." My mother, who cleaned up the first of Elijah's throw-up while I was at the ER with Abigail, would agree.
*****

Wendi: "Elijah, you are so smart!"
Elijah: "I know. I eat lots of smarties."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. I snorted outloud and almost choked on my Cadbury choclate when I read about the macaroni throw up. Too funny. I love the things that kids that age say. Once they get in school they learn other things to say that aren't as cute. :D

What precious boys you have.

Bethany