Monday, March 05, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Each time I have walked into my home here in Turkey after an extended time away (Germany = 2.5 months; America = 1 month) I have been flooded with happiness. While Turkey is not a perfect place, it is my perfect place. This is where my home is, my husband, and some of the greatest friends a person could ever hope for. 

When we walked in the door, JB handed each of our boys a "treasure map" to find the "treasures" he had bought them when he went to Utah. They were so excited and immediately began studying the map to find the way to their special surprise.



Isaac reached the bath tub, and Elijah reached his bed, and in each location, there was a bag of beautiful rocks. I was worried that because it wasn't a car, they would be disappointed, but they were thrilled.  They love them. Abigail is another story. She would choke on them. (Daddy forgot she got mobile while he was gone.) We have made our library into a safe place for Abigail -- so the treasure rocks and other little toys are not allowed in that area.

Other fun stuff occurred during our first days back. The boys drew pictures for Scrubs and brought them to him while he was napping. (Here he is, below, trying to hold back his excitement.)


Not sure anything could make JB happier than getting to snuggle with his two little boys. I especially love the second picture where Isaac is hiding from the camera, JB is smiling and Elijah is being, what else? A goof ball.



I also wanted to share a photo from my time away. Now JB is not a cigar smoker, however, he and some of the other guys on Base have an informal club where they sit around and talk in someone's driveway. Some smoke cigars. Stebbs had an idea to get all the guys "smoking jackets" to celebrate their informal little group here in Turkey. Hatice's sister-in-law made them at her tailor shop. They gave the guys the jackets while I was out of town, so when each wife posed with her husband, JB posed with all the wives -- funny guy!


2 comments:

Brittny said...

I LOVE the smoking jacket idea!!! That is hilarious!! And I'm so happy to see all of you together again. Can't wait for that. This second half has been harder than the first half for us and I'm so ready to be a family again!

Faith said...

So glad you made it home! I love seeing your family snuggle:).