Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Needed Items

People are continually asking me what we need here in Turkey. What things can't we get. I often have trouble thinking of things to tell these askers. We have all our basic needs met, and what we want/need is more random. For instance, JB wanted to make ice cream with Isaac the other day, but the Commissary was out of cream. People in The U.S. can't really help us with last-minute-shortages like that.

But I have thought of a few things that we could use. Please note that these are not things we need. These are things we want. And there are many people in the military in much greater need than me. My husband is paid well as a physician.

However, I have so appreciated the packages we receive with coupons and other goodies. So here are a few things that is always appreciated:

1. All natural snacks -- like all natural fruit snacks. We have a few Kashi items, but otherwise, we are stuck buying the high fructose corn syrup snacks or nothing at all.

2. Crafts for the kids -- If you have a good craft idea, sending me the materials to make that craft with the kids is a real favorite of mine. My boys are three and I am craft-ically challenged so easy things we can make is great.

3. Sticker/activity books -- We have plenty of coloring books and plenty of stickers, but preschool aged activity books or sticker books that require them to put stickers in certain places, etc. are really great.

4. Travel friendly activities -- If you have a cool idea for a way we can make our trip to the Azores fun, we would love it.

5. Dog snacks -- We don't give Scrubs rawhides, but otherwise, if you find a great deal on dog snacks of any sort, we'd love you to send them our way.

That's really all I can think of. Again, please do not feel obligated by this list to send us anything, but since everyone keeps asking, I racked my brain a bit. If you would like my address and you don't have it, please shoot me an email at: flakymn@hotmail.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a great website that I refer to often for things to keep my toddler busy. A lot of the crafts she does with her kids are from items most people already have laying around their house or are going to throw out. Hope you find some goodies to keep the kids busy....

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/