Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Clever Ideas

My mother sent me an email with a bunch of clever ideas in it. I normally loathe forwards, but this one had some great ideas in it. Check them out below. And then, if you have one to share, send it to me at flakymn@hotmail.com (or leave a comment) but make sure to include a picture or link to a picture (for all us visual learners out there.)

Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will help disguise dings and scrapes.
Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40. 

Stop cut apples browning in your child's lunch box by securing with a rubber band. (Love this one!)

 Overhaul your linen cupboard by store bed linen sets inside on of their own pillowcases, and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match. (One of my favorite ideas!)

Reuse a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags. (If this works, I am sold!) 

Am I the only one who didn't know baby powder gets sand off your skin easily? (Love those baby feet.) 

Attach a velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys. (Brilliant!) 

Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls against the ceiling, rather than cluttering up the floor. (I only use reusable bags, but still thought this was mighty cool.) 

Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose. (Way cool!) 

Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid. (Has anyone tried this? I have my doubts, but if it works, it's very cool.) 

Use magnetic strips to store bobby pins, tweezers, and clippers behind a vanity door. (Way brilliant!) 

Store shoes inside shower caps to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes. (These are in hotels all the time.) 

I am a huge fan of this idea. A craft caddy. Neat-o. 

Bread tags for cord labels.  

I am a huge fan of organization so installing a tension rod to hang spray bottles got my attention.

Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough over the top, and voila, you have cookie bowls for fruit or ice cream. (I worry this isn't as easy as it looks.) 

 Freeze aloe vera for sunburn relief. 

Use egg cartons to store Christmas decorations. (Here in Turkey, we bring them back to the market to be reused.)

That's a straw to hull a strawberry. Another one that looks too easy. Anyone tried this?

4 comments:

Mie said...

These are some great ideas!

I have done the strawberry thing since I learned that when I was in junior high cooking class. The trick is you have to use a sturdy straw - if it's too cheap and flimsy it won't work well.

Thanks for sharing!

TAV said...

I love this! Someone sent me that a few months ago and I have it saved in my e-mail!

Brittny said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

AW said...

I grew up in Hawaii, so I know the baby powder thing works with sand. I don't go to the beach without it! And I've used the bread tags on our computer cords...the BEST idea ever. Seriously. I do it on the cords as they plug into the power strip and I've also done it to the cords as they plug into the computer. I've often forgotten...what USB is this for? Great ideas here!