Monday, November 21, 2011

Today I got ...


These babies (shown above). Stebbs was at the Commissary and a shipment had just come in. There were only a dozen left so she bought half of them and saved the rest for another lucky person.

Do I have great friends or WHAT?!

But the crescent rolls are only the beginning of my great day.

Guess where I am headed in a few weeks for only one hundred and fifty dollars!?

Did you guess ... Greece.

Not right now. But soon. The chapel was offering a great deal on a trip to Greece for 24 lucky individuals.

What is normally a $1300 trip per person was being offered for $150 a person. Yes, you read that right. I didn't miss a zero. Really! And that includes everything -- even food! The Chapel had some excess funds to disperse before the end of the year, and so, Greece was put on the agenda.

The tickets went on sale at 9am this morning.

I showed up at 6:30am. Casey and Stebbs went with me.

I've never done a Black Friday before. But since Black Friday doesn't exist here in Turkey because ... well ... Thanksgiving doesn't exist in Turkey ... this was the next best thing.

We were #3, #4 and #5 in line. Veronica stayed home with the boys, but I was allowed to buy her a ticket too.

Unfortunately, JB doesn't have leave left. But he is off of work much of the week we are going. So he is going to stay with the boys, and Veronica and I are going to take Abigail. My buds Stebbs and Casey are also going.

What a great husband I have to tell me that I just HAD to take advantage of this trip.

I'm going to Greece ... on a Biblical tour.

And, there will be croissants for Thanksgiving in Turkey.

How awesome!!

8 comments:

TAV said...

WOW! How cool. I have been wanting to go to Israel/Jordan for the history, too. Someday...

mom said...

So glad you got your croisants Wen! And what a great trip.
So happy for you!

mom again said...

I spelled that wrong did't I? I'm sleepy!

Amy T. S. said...

TOO fun!

Anonymous said...

Can't go wrong with Cresent Rolls and Greece.

:D

Bethany

David and Lesley said...

AWESOME!

Alana said...

Yay for Crescent Rolls!

Unknown said...

I am so incredibly happy for you! What a wonderful experience this will be for you and your friends. Enjoy!!!
And I am happy your got your Pillsbury fix too! God is so good!