Wednesday, November 02, 2011

German Giggles

We just spent two WONDERFUL weeks with the grandparents in Germany. Much more to come on this trip (including day by day flashback updates), but for now, here are just some of the funny things that our boys said or did during our adventures.
*****
Mommy: "Can I have a kiss Isaac?"
Isaac: "Well ..."
Mommy: "Pleaseeeee."
Isaac: "Can you say pretty please with cherries on top?"
*****
Grampa K. apologized to Elijah for accidentally knocking his car over. "Vat's okay," Elijah said. "Accidents happen."
*****
Daddy: "Gimme that hat!" (Tries to take Elijah's hat off his head.)
Elijah: "That's mine hat."
Daddy: "Mine hat?"
Elijah: "No, it's E-yi-ya's (Elijah's) hat."
*****
Isaac: "Jesus is my best friend. He likes when I am a good boy."
*****
Elijah and Grampa K. were doing a puzzle. When Dad put a piece together, Elijah smiled and said, "Hey! You did it! Way to go buddy." Then he patted Dad on the back.
*****
Isaac told me he had to go poopy. While looking for a bathroom he could go in he said, "Oh wait. I don't have to go poopy anymore. I tooted and that made the poopy go away."
*****
I took Isaac to go to the bathroom in a public restroom in our hotel. As we passed the men's restrooms to go into the women's, Isaac said, "That's where the Daddies go." But the funny things didn't end there. Once in the bathroom, I pulled down his pants and stood behind. The boys are now going to the bathroom standing up a lot but they need help with their steering. So Isaac, as loud as he could, said, "Mommy, you have to hold my penis." The woman washing her hands at the sink started laughing really loudly and as she slammed the door on the way out, Isaac said, "What's with all that racket?"
*****
Isaac: "There's some pee pee in my penis, but I don't have to put it in the potty right now."
*****
Isaac calls Elijah "buddy" all the time. He also calls him, "E-lije." He also told his brother, "You're a funny little kid." And he is also saying, "Holy smokes!" (I think he got that one from Grama K.)
*****
Isaac sleeps with a blue bear and two dalmatians. (We bought an extra one for him in case something happened to the original and he claimed it as well.) While the boys were watching a movie on the bed, I heard Isaac tell Elijah that he needed his "Scrubby." Then he said, "Go get me my Scrubby, Buddy." To my great surprise, Elijah did it! Elijah got down off the bed and went and got the dalmatian. He brought it back. "Here you go I-Z," he said. I-Z looked at the Scrubby Elijah brought and said, "No, this is the wrong one." And Elijah, without blinking an eye, said, "Oh. Sorry about that I-Z," and then went and brought him the other one! They may be only eight months apart, but Isaac certainly knows who the boss currently is!
*****
We laugh about how the boys will be when they grow up. Isaac will be the brains. Elijah will be the braun. If anyone messes with Abigail, we could see Isaac standing over the situation and saying, "This isn't good. Not good at all. Elijah, take care of this."
*****
While playing outside of our B&B in Salzburg, we saw a cat. Petting cats in Turkey is strictly off-limits due to the abundance of rabies. In fact, a scratch or bite in Turkey means a series of shots every time. I have taught the boys that they could only pet a dog or cat if we know the dog or cat's name. Today, we saw a cat at the farm here for our B&B. Isaac and Elijah got so excited. You could tell they wanted to pet the cat terribly, but Isaac, remembered the rules and turned to me and said, "Do you know his name Mommy?" He was thrilled when I said I did.
*****
Isaac: "So Mommy ... how are you?"
*****
The lady who ran the B&B showed the boys the guinea pigs they raise. "Do they say 'oink oink'?" Elijah aked.
*****
The boys have recently taken to wanting to go with each other into the bathroom and stand close by while the brother does his standing up potty stuff. One afternoon, Isaac was peeing and Elijah was      standing next to him. As Isaac started to go, Elijah said, "Hi pee pee!" and Isaac replied by saying, "My pee pee does not want to say hi to you." Elijah looked at Isaac and said as he does four hundred times a day, "Why?"
*****
In our hotel in Germany, Isaac called from his bed, "I'm hungry!" JB replied, "Hello, hungry." Isaac, seeing the confusion, corrected himself. "No, I'm not hungry ... I'm just ... hungry."
*****
While helping Elijah use the bathroom on our drive from Ramstein to Munich, Elijah stood in front of the potty and said, "Pee pee's coming. Pee pee's coming. Pee pee's coming ..." and then he opened his arms wide and said, "TA DAAAAA!"
*****
When Daddy "listened" to Isaac and shut the bathroom door in our first hotel in Munich when Isaac asked him to, Isaac replied by saying, "That's what I'm talking about."
*****
Isaac said to me as I put on his shoes one day, "Do we want to go outside or what!"
*****
At home, Isaac has been looking outside to see if it is dark out. He has started associated the darkness with night time. But in Germany, it doesn't get dark until very late. When we told him it was time for bed the first night, he looked out the window and said, "But it's not dark yet." It was fairly pointless to try to explain why that wasn't the case in this new country.
*****
Sorry for so much bathroom humor, but it causes a lot of humor right now. I put Isaac on the potty, and then bent down to remove his shoes and pants and underwear per his request. He said, "Mommy, the poopy is waiting for you."
*****
On the way to the airport, Elijah told us he had to go potty. It was incredibly foggy so we could not pull over as we usually do to let him go. Elijah finally yelled, "Daddy! I need a TREE now!"
*****
We realized, when he came up to us clapping, that Elijah thinks chapstick is clapstick.
*****
In a German grocery store, Isaac saw some little chocolates.
Isaac: "Look at all those little chocolates Daddy. We should get some of those little chocolates."
Daddy: "What? No way! What are you thinking about?" (Just goofing around with Isaac.)
Isaac: "I'm thinking about those little chocolate things."
*****
At breakfast one morning, Isaac asked Grampa to carry him to the buffet so he could "see things." Grampa picked him up but had to scoot through two tables with Isaac in one arm to get out. While trying to make this tight squeeze, Grampa said to Isaac, "You are getting bigger and bigger." Isaac replied by saying, "You are getting bigger and bigger too Grampa."
*****
Mommy: "Are you my little boy, Isaac?"
Isaac: "No."
Mommy: "Who's little boy are you?"
Isaac: "Jesus'."
*****
Elijah will often chatter without ceasing. (Guess who he got that trait from?) One day in the car he was talking away and Isaac finally said to him, "Elijah ... what are you saying?" Elijah thought for a minute and then said, "Nothing. I'm just talking."
*****
When we got to Ramstein, we headed to the Commissary to pick up some snacks for our trip. The thrift store is right next door. The boys remembered this Base very well as Isaac started pulling to go into the thrift store. "Let's go in there and see if they have any old cars we can borrow," he said.
*****
I asked Isaac if I could have a kiss one day. He said, "No, you cannot. Ask Daddy. He's good at kisses."
*****
The boys were soooo excited to see strawberries at the grocery store on Ramstein. We haven't seen berries since we left there when Abigail was born. We get strawberries in Turkey but only when they are locally in season. As JB put two pints into the cart, he counted. Isaac asked if he could eat the strawberries or said that eating them was a good idea or begged to eat them about six times in forty-five seconds. It was no surprise later that evening that the boys finished off a pint all by themselves in a matter of minutes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made my day today! Thnx for sharing the fun! Tante Jan

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these stories. Having 2 boys myself, I have to laugh out loud :)

Emily said...

Ha ha! These made me smile today! :)

Gabbs said...

"Elijah will often chatter without ceasing. (Guess who he got that trait from?)"

He got it from his cousin Grace, no doubt ;)

Loved this, it was so funny.

The Woodfords said...

I laughed 'til I cried reading these! Glad you remembered, and thanks for sharing! =)

Steph