Friday, November 11, 2011

V-Day

It goes without saying that I am thankful for our military men and women who give up their family, their jobs, their time, and sometimes their live, to defend our country. To my brother-in-law Matt currently stationed in the Middle East for the next year. For my husband who came to Turkey. For Philip and Tristan and our friend Brandon currently in the Pacific ... thank you.

I especially wanted to thank the family I met as we got ready to board our flight to come back to Turkey from Germany. He was a surgeon. He was one year out of residency -- just like JB. He had two little kids. And they were saying good bye. For six months. I asked his wife, Jen, how she was doing. "I'm a mess," she said. "But having to explain it to the kids and talk about it makes me have to be strong."

Pray for Jen and my sister-in-law Danielle and my good friend Brittny -- all living without their significant others and some even raising children by themselves. They need our thanks too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My computer was on the fritz this weekend, so I didn't get to comment on your blog on Veterans' Day. Thank you for all of the sacrifices you make as a family to keep this country the home of the free as our forefathers intended it. To JB, thanks for answering the calling to serve and protect your country even when it complicates your family life with moves so far away from your "tribe" LOL. Wendi, Isaac, Elijah and Abigail thank you for sharing your husband and daddy with your country. There is no greater gift than the one he is giving to all of us nameless, faceless Americans.
I grew up the daughter of a career Navy man and moved all over the country until college where I settled down for the past 17 years. I still get the itch to move every 2-3 years! LOL
I am also the mother of a 15 and 1/2 year old son whose greatest dream in life is to attend the Air Force Academy and make his career as a member of the Air Force.
I hope your veteran's day made you feel honored and appreciated.
Thank You,
Dana